Changelog file

Hallo,
In der Readme sind alle Änderungen seit 1.2.10-ALPHA vorhanden. Alle Inhalte werden für die Übersetzung der Readme geparst. Um die zu übersetzenden Stings auf die relevanten zu minimieren und den Changelog übersichtlich zu halten, schlage ich vor, die alten Änderungen vor 2.6 in eine changelog.txt Datei auszulagern. Siehe auch handbook best practises

How many versions should I keep in my changelog? #How many versions should I keep in my changelog?

Always keep the current major release in your change log. For example, if your current version is 3.9.1, you’ll want that and 3.9 in the change log. Older versions should be removed and migrated to a changelog.txt file. That will allow them to be accessible to users, while keeping your readme shorter and more pertinent. At most, keep the most recent version of your plugin and one major version back in your readme’s changelog. Your changelog.txt will not be visible within the WordPress.org Plugin Directory, but that’s okay. Most users just want to know what’s new.

Source: Plugin Developer FAQ – Plugin Handbook | Developer.WordPress.org

Klingt sinnvoll. Wird ab 2.7.0 so sein: https://github.com/podlove/podlove-publisher/commit/cd600d9f4e2090f901e4e3f299380f4d6aaf56fd