"File not found" error in episode

Hi. I have set up everything according to the instructions. The URL and slug is correct and I can click on the file and play it. The episode is picking up the length of the audio file. But I still get the “File not found” error and a red cross.

Curl is enabled and my hosting providors have increased the memory to 512MB, so I doubt that is the problem. Any help would be welcome. Thanks.

edit:
the hosting providors are asking if the plugin creates a loopback connection when downloading files from the external connections.

is anyone able to answer that please?

Hi,

There may be DNS issues on the server your WordPress is running but it’s hard to say for sure.

In case it helps, this is the piece of code that likely fails: https://github.com/podlove/podlove-publisher/blob/master/lib/model/media_file.php#L349 Podlove Publisher tries to reach the file URL via curl.

You may find errors on the Podlove > Support site but usually when this occurs some server configurations needs to be adjusted.

1 Like

Is there a workaround? I’m on a shared server so loopback connections aren’t allowed.

Unfortunately not. I could add a filter to just always let the check succeed. But this is also how the file size is determined, so that won’t work either.