New Error (monolog)

Fatal error : Declaration of Podlove\Modules\Logging\WPDBHandler::write(array $record) must be compatible with Monolog\Handler\AbstractProcessingHandler::write(array $record): void in /wp-content/plugins/podlove-podcasting-plugin-for-wordpress/lib/modules/logging/wpdbhandler.php on line 7

it keeps crashing my site.
how can I fix this?

Did it work before? What did you do - update a plugin / the Publisher plugin? Can you provide a list of all installed plugins? (under Podlove > Support)

yes. it worked.
will post the plugins tomorrow :slight_smile:

Hi, I am having the same issue as the original poster, it started crashing my site today.

[02-Jun-2020 18:04:24 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Declaration of Podlove\Modules\Logging\WPDBHandler::write(array $record) must be compatible with Monolog\Handler\AbstractProcessingHandler::write(array $record): void in /wp-content/plugins/podlove-podcasting-plugin-for-wordpress/lib/modules/logging/wpdbhandler.php on line 7

Can’t get to ( Podlove > Support) because the plugin causes fatal error on site when activated.

1 Like

Same issue with Podlove publisher installed

If I activate pod love my site crashes… so I can’t activate… guess the error message I supplied is helpful for a developer…

Same for me (https://whiteroom-pod.com), updated Podlove Publisher today, site crashed - went into WordPress Recovery mode.
Error message:
"Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘Monolog\Logger’ not found in /mnt/web413/a0/60/5552360/htdocs/WordPress_03/wp-content/plugins/podlove-podcasting-plugin-for-wordpress/lib/system_report.php:59 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: Podlove\SystemReport->Podlove{closure}() #1 /mnt/web413/a0/60/5552360/htdocs/WordPress_03/wp-content/plugins/podlove-podcasting-plugin-for-wordpress/lib/system_report.php(250): call_user_func(Object(Closure)) #2 /mnt/web413/a0/60/5552360/htdocs/WordPress_03/wp-content/plugins/podlove-podcasting-plugin-for-wordpress/lib/system_report.php(240): Podlove\SystemReport->run() #3 /mnt/web413/a0/60/5552360/htdocs/WordPress_03/wp-content/plugins/podlove-podcasting-plugin-for-wordpress/includes/system_report.php(7): Podlove\SystemReport->__construct() #4 /mnt/web413/a0/60/5552360/htdocs/WordPress_03/wp-content/plugins/podlove-podcasting-plugin-for-wordpress/plugin.php(75): podlove_run_system_report() #5 /mnt/web413/a0/60/5552360/htdocs/WordPress_03/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): Podlove\activate(’’ in /mnt/web413/a0/60/5552360/htdocs/WordPress_03/wp-content/plugins/podlove-podcasting-plugin-for-wordpress/lib/system_report.php on line 59 "

Deactivated it, now all the episodes are gone obviously, I hope they are not lost (!?)

Thanks for help! Simon

I had the same. I rolled back my site, which fixed it and disabled auto-updates.
Seems https://publisher.podlove.org/ throws the same error I got on my site.

Also, Vaultpress sent me a mail:

Our security scanners detected the following possible security issues. We recommend that you review the affected files.

PHP.Generic.BadPattern.5

This code pattern is often used to run a very dangerous shell programs on your server. The code in these files needs to be reviewed, and possibly cleaned.

Help Document

plugins/podlove-podcasting-plugin-for-wordpress/lib/model/download_intent_clean.php

same problem too - Rollback to 2.11.1 has helped:

Aktuelles Plugin: Podlove Podcast Publisher (Version 2.11.2)
PHP-Version 7.3.17

Fehler-Details
==============
Ein Fehler vom Typ E_ERROR wurde in der Zeile 49 der Datei /homepages/8/d254622508/htdocs/clickandbuilds/P2PGame/wp-content/plugins/podlove-podcasting-plugin-for-wordpress/lib/modules/logging/logging.php verursacht. Fehlermeldung: Uncaught Error: Class 'Monolog\Logger' not found in /homepages/8/d254622508/htdocs/clickandbuilds/P2PGame/wp-content/plugins/podlove-podcasting-plugin-for-wordpress/lib/modules/logging/logging.php:49
Stack trace:
#0 /homepages/8/d254622508/htdocs/clickandbuilds/P2PGame/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): Podlove\Modules\Logging\Logging->register_database_logger('')
#1 /homepages/8/d254622508/htdocs/clickandbuilds/P2PGame/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#2 /homepages/8/d254622508/htdocs/clickandbuilds/P2PGame/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#3 /homepages/8/d254622508/htdocs/clickandbuilds/P2PGame/wp-settings.php(540): do_action('init')
#4 /homepages/8/d254622508/htdocs/clickandbuilds/P2PGame/wp-config.php(84): require_once('/homepages/8/d2...')
#5 /homepages/8/d254622508/htdocs/clickandbuilds/P2PGame/wp-load.php(37): require_once('/homepages/8/d2...')
#6 /homepages/8/d254622508/htdocs/clickandbuilds/P2PGame/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php(22): require_once

:gear: Looking into it right now.

2.11.4 should fix it. Sorry for the trouble :see_no_evil:

Thanks. Just reporting the same issue after running an update. Rolling back fixed it for now.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Monolog\Logger' not found in /home/freespir/www/the/wp-content/plugins/podlove-podcasting-plugin-for-wordpress/lib/modules/logging/logging.php:49 
Stack trace: #0 /home/freespir/www/the/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): Podlove\Modules\Logging\Logging->register_database_logger('') 
#1 /home/freespir/www/the/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) 
#2 /home/freespir/www/the/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) 
#3 /home/freespir/www/the/wp-settings.php(540): do_action('init') 
#4 /home/freespir/www/the/wp-config.php(94): require_once('/home/freespir/...') 
#5 /home/freespir/www/the/wp-load.php(37): require_once('/home/freespir/...') 
#6 /home/freespir/www/the/wp-admin/admin.php(34): require_once('/home/freespir/...') 
#7 /home/freespir/www/the/wp-admin/index.php(10): require_once('/home/freespir/...') 
#8 {main} thrown in /home/freespir/www/the/wp-content/plugins/podlove-podcasting-plugin-for-wordpress/lib/modules/logging/logging.php on line 49

After rolling back, here is the debug:

Website https://the.physicsteachingpodcast.com
PHP Version 7.3.17
WordPress Version 5.4.1
WordPress Theme Twenty Twenty v1.3
Active Plugins
- Admin Menu Editor v1.9.5
- Akismet Anti-Spam v4.1.5
- amr shortcode any widget v3.7
- Contact Form X v1.9.1
- Cool Tag Cloud v2.19
- Simple Custom CSS and JS v3.31.1
- Email Address Encoder v1.0.21
- Jetpack by WordPress.com v8.6.1
- Podlove Podcast Publisher v2.11.1
- Restrict User Access v2.0
- Ultimate Category Excluder v1.1
- WooCommerce Blocks v2.6.1
- Woo Streetshirts v1.0.4
- WooCommerce Admin v1.1.3
- WooCommerce PayPal Checkout Gateway v2.0.2
- WooCommerce Stripe Gateway v4.4.0
- WooCommerce Services v1.23.0
- WooCommerce v4.2.0
- World Map for Podlove v0.0.1
- WP File Manager v6.4
- WP Super Cache v1.7.1
- WPS Hide Login v1.5.6
WordPress Database Charset utf8mb4
WordPress Database Collate
Publisher Version 2.11.1
Web Player Version player_v4
Twig Version 1.42.2
open_basedir ok
curl Version 7.52.1
iconv available
simplexml ok
max_execution_time 120
upload_max_filesize 20M
memory_limit 256M
disable_classes
disable_functions
permalinks ok (/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/)
podlove_permalinks ok
podcast_settings ok
web_player ok
podlove_cache on
assets

0 errors
0 notices
Nice, Everything looks fine!

Sorry my writing that may have clashed with you releasing the fix - I pulled the version form WordPress.

I can confirm it appears fixed with 2.11.4 :grinning:

THANK YOU for your prompt work.

1 Like

Works well! Thanks

Yup, same error here. The whole site went down. I couldn’t even log into the backend of WordPress.

I went into the file structure of the site and deleted the podlove folder in wp-content/plugins. That enabled me to log into the WP backend of my site, where I installed the newer version of the Podlove Publisher plugin. Problem solved.