Show Notes is pulling from "blog" post, not Episode Summary

Hello,

I first noticed this behavior when 2.7.21 was released. In some podcasting apps such as Google Podcasts and Pocket Casts, the show notes are populated with a snippet from the main post section of an episode. At the end of the snippet it links back to the post on my website using the text “source”. See image.

Screenshot_20190129-184259

Apps like Spotify correctly show the notes that I’ve entered in the “Summary” field in the “Podcast Episode” section.

Is there a setting I need to set to force it to show the “Summary” text in the podcast apps above?

https://ericleslie.com/feed/podcast/
Looking at the feed, I see there’s a section called <content:encoded> that has this markup. Do I need to setup a template to fix this?

After some experimentation, I found the checkbox setting in the feed settings " Include episode show notes in the feed." I unchecked that and the extra content:encode field appears to be gone now.

Was that all that was wrong?

Unchecking this comes with a downside:
The summary is just plaintext without links. HTML (e.g. a link) does only work in the shownotes.
By unchecking, subscribers won‘t see links in their podcatcher – just the summary.