Wp_options keeps crashing - does anyone have that problem too?

hej there,
as I experienced the problem for the fifth time now, and as my hoster does not really know how to fix the problem, I thought I might ask here - first, if anyone else has the problem too. I’ve had it with ALL my podcasts now, anekdotisch-evident.de, lila-podcast.de, podcast.piqd.de, erscheinungsraum.de (twice) - they are all hosted with Domain Factory.

It starts with people telling me on twitter, that the website seems down. When surfing there, it shows a “Database Error”. When trying to enter the wp_admin section, I am asked to put a repair code into the wp_config-php file - I do so and the system then runs a repair program, when I refresh the page. When it has finished, it tells me, that the table wp_options was crashed. I then go to my MySQL account and repair that table - and then everything works again.

So: Yes, I can fix it. But it takes time and the site will be down until I come home and fix it. It is a bit annoying and as it happened twice with Erscheinungsraum, I am worried if it will happen periodically now.

Any experiences like that? Any prevention ideas? And: Is there a connection between that wp_options crash and Podlove?

thanx for your great work and support!
Kadda

PS: here is what Domain Factory says:
"Generell crashen Tabellen meistens, wenn die Verbindung nicht korrekt bzw. unerwartet beendet wird. Da hierdurch die Verbindungen nicht sauber getrennt werden, kann es dazu führen, dass Tabellen crashen. Dies tritt oftmals bei großen Tabellen oder auch bei Tabellen mit sehr vielen Zugriffen auf.

Wir empfehlen Ihnen dies weiter zu beobachten. Möglicherweise ist es hier dann erforderlich, dass entsprechende Optimierungen der von Ihnen verwendeten Skripte, welche auf die Datenbank bzw. die speziellen Tabellen zugreifen, durchführen.
Falls Sie veraltete Software einsetzen ist es ggf. auch ratsam diese auf eine aktuelle Version zu updaten, wodurch ggf. ein besseres Handling der Queries erfolgt."

I’m not familiar with the issue. Googling reveals some articles (like https://wptavern.com/how-to-repair-a-crashed-wordpress-posts-table) but none seem to provide concrete prevention help.

1 Like