Publisher 3.0 update breaks Wordpress

Hi folks,

I recently tried to update to Publisher 3.0. Unfortunately, it broke my Wordpress installation, e.g. the admin area shows only a blank page.
The PHP error during installation says the following:

AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: WordPress-Datenbank-Fehler Table 'ecsk7_wordpress.wpX2_podlove_modules_shownotes_entry' doesn't exist f\xc3\xbcr Abfrage ALTER TABLE `wpX2_podlove_modules_shownotes_entry` ADD COLUMN `affiliate_url` TEXT von require_once('wp-admin/admin.php'), do_action('admin_init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Podlove\\run_database_migrations, Podlove\\migrate_for_current_blog, Podlove\\run_migrations_for_versionPHP message: WordPress-Datenbank-Fehler Table 'ecsk7_wordpress.wpX2_podlove_modules_shownotes_entry' doesn't exist f\xc3\xbcr Abfrage ALTER TABLE `wpX2_podlove_modules_shownotes_entry` ADD COLUMN `hidden` INT von require_once('wp-admin/admin.php'), do_action('admin_init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, Podlove\\run_database_migrations, Podlove\\migrate_for_current_blog, Podlove\\run_migrations_for_version'

I’m seeing the problem with the following update paths:

• 2.11.1 to 3.0.0
  • 2.11.4 to 3.0.0
  • 2.11.4 to 3.0.4

Does anybody have an idea what I could do in order to complete the update successfully? :slight_smile:

I’m running Wordpress 5.5.1 using PHP 7.4 .11 on fabulous uberspace.de

Breaks my Wordpress too. Getting White Screen of death when trying to log into admin area. When renaming Podloveplugin in the plugin folder everything works again.

I will fix the mentioned error but I don’t think that’s what’s responsible for the WSOD.

Can you check your PHP error log? (see how to here: Unable to create new episode)

Sorry for the really late answer (there was other stuff™ going on). But at last: Everything works with the latest version :slight_smile: Thank you, Eric!

1 Like