Add support for value-block for direct payment streaming

I’d like to propose support for the value-black to allow direct payment streaming. The podcast:value block gives podcasters a way to receive Bitcoin payments in real-time over the Lightning network using apps such as Breez.

Specification details by @daveajones et al:

Support an easy way to add the following block into the RSS feed. Maybe even based on settings in existing contributors.

Example:

<channel>
  <podcast:value type="lightning" method="keysend" suggested="0.00000015000">
      <podcast:valueRecipient
          name="Name 1 (Podcaster)"
          type="node"
          address="1234567890abcdef..."
          split="60"
      />
      <podcast:valueRecipient
          name="Name 2 (Podcaster)"
          type="node"
          address="1234567890abcdef..."
          split="40"
      />
  </podcast:value>
  <item>...</item>
  <item>...</item>
</channel>

I’ve tried it out using the Breez app and my own Bitcoin Lightning Node, it works great! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting. Know of any hosters that are already implementing this? I’m looking for existing UI. How does one enter bitcoin values normally (for the suggested value, I assume there’s a better input than simply a float of 0.00000015000? :thinking: (I’m not versed in crypto-stuff). Also wondering about the split UI, especially on the episode level. Maybe giving roles weights (on-air contributors get a factor of 2 or something like that) makes more sense than raw input fields.

Sorry for not replying earlier, it seems I didn’t get any notification about your reply.

I only know about a podcast index that is using it currently. It uses a given RSS-feed and injects the additional code:
PodcasterWallet.com in combination with Podcastindex.org. The forementioned Breez app queries the podcastindex.org to pupulate the player accordingly.

The specification for the value-block supports different cryptocurrencies, currently bitcoin/lightning and nano is mentioned. In case of bitcoin, 1 BTC denotes to 100.000.000 satoshis, so instead of using the BTC value on the UI, using satoshis might be more suitable. 100sat are currently ~0,04 EUR.

Regarding the split: I agree, altough it is a simple solution currently.

@anita This might interest you as well!