Alle Episoden and Feeds gone in a heartbeat ?!? (Solved)

Hi all, due to upcoming new episodes I made some changes to my segelradio.de site. and one of them was to switch to Podlove. Well, all worked fine yesterday! The new home is within a WPMU and even the migration from PodPress was no big issue at all.

Today I just made a few optical changes and was about to finish work with a “cool. early weekend!”. Only I deactivated the"Migration" under Modules because I guessed to not need it anymore after all was done. - A warning to not do so would have been a nice user experience on my side because at this point a lot of work just vanished!

Every single Episode, the Feeds, the Assets… even the Episode Categories… puffff … only regular WP-Posts are still on that site.

first attempt to solve this: I turned on the migration tool again.

2nd try: I remembered a “Repair Tool in Podlove”. - Well the worst case happened: Nothing changed.

3rd guess: I played the whole thing in a dev setup running a local MAMP the day before. So I exported the Episodes there using Podlove’s export function. Only importing them on the new live server failed completely. After hitting the “Import” Button only a blank page came up and nothing happened anymore… (Maybe another opportunity for some UI enhancement)

a 4th and final idea: Ok, I just pull in the whole old Wordpress XML and it will only copy the missing articles as WP-Posts with enclosures and after that I can do the migration again. - Nope… ALL Articles are discarded because they appear to already exist in the Database.

However, they still don’t show as Episodes or as regular Wordpress Articles, I can’t delete them, I can’t do anything with them and now I am completely Lost at the point where I started to doubt the whole Idea of switching from PodPress.

So I hope someone has an enlightening idea on how to fix this and get my faith back in order ??? … Please …

Hinnerk

Sind alle Episoden weg oder tauchen sie nur nicht auf der Website auf?

Hallo Tim, heute morgen waren es noch 11Episoden.

Hast Du die Migration auch wirklich komplett abgeschlossen? Am Ende der Migration muss man das Endergebnis übernehmen.

Den roten knopf, ja, den hatte ich gestern abend gedrückt. Seit dem hatte ich den kompletten Umzug gestern abend fertig und über den Webplayer sogar einige der folgen im Webplayer auf der Seite testgehört. Sie sind verschwunden, als ich das Migrations-modul abgeschaltet habe.

d.h. die alten PodPress-Blogeinträge sind auch im Papierkorb gelandet? Sind sie da noch?

Yea!!! Wiederherstellen und neu migrieren?

das würde ich jetzt mal empfehlen. vor allem würden sich ein paar Backups zwischendurch gut machen.

Es gibt ja die ganze ausgangsinstsllation nich ich hatte die artikel im papierkorb nur nicht gesehen. Darum konnte ich nicht neu einrichten. Ich probiers aus und melde mich ob es geklappt hat.

Läuft alles wieder. Ich danke Dir für die Hilfe. Werde morgen mal in der dev herumprobieren, ob ich den genauen Auslöser reproduzieren kann.

Ich habe in meinem dev eine Weile herumprobiert. Was passiert sein ist:

Beim Import gab es probleme, weil die filebase nicht konsistent war (Videos). Ich wollte den Import dieser Folgen in einem zweiten Schritt durchführen und das Migrationstool ist dann aber hängen geblieben, weil keine realen Episoden zu finden sind. - Da ich das in “pfft, kümmere ich mich später drum…” einsortierte folgte ein ein unbedachter Klick auf “Start from Scratch”, um den Migrationsprozess zu beenden. Das bricht nicht nur den (zweiten) Migrationsprozess ab, sondern löscht auch alle bereits korrekt abschlossenen Episoden. (auch, wenn man da mal ausversehen drauf kommt…) Hier sollte vielleicht besser noch ein “Hase, jetzt machst du was kaputt” vorgeschaltet werden. :slight_smile: