Over the holidays, I’ve taken my initial code to analyze Podlove downloads in R and have written a real R package for it.
Here it is it’s called podlover:
The package can do many more things than the functions before:
- Fetch necessary tables from the Wordpress MySQL
- Connect and clean tables for download analysis (either directly from the database or via local CSV files)
- Plot download curves by episode title, episode number, source, context, client_name, client_type, os_name or any other user-generated variable (plots are available with cumulated or non-cumulated data, with relative or absolute release dates, and with all kinds of graphical output options)
- Generate average performance tables per episode for total and average downloads as well as average downloads for specific periods (e.g. the first three days after launch)
- Analyze performance of launch against post-launch in a four-box grid
- Create regression models of downloads against episodes or episode launch dates at a specific point in time (similar to @rahra 's approach), both as statistical models with coefficients and graphically
- Create example podcast data to play around with the package
All functions are documented in help files. The README.md on GitHub (=package vignette) shows many examples and details. Test, feedbacks and contributions are welcome!