Analytics stopped working after migration to another host


#1

Hi all,

I’ve moved my sites to another host two days ago. Both are unmanaged cloud instances, I thus have full root access. I’ve also now switched to Let’s Encrypt for my SSL as iTunes supports it. The traffic on my old host is close to none, maybe a visitor or two per days, but all DNS seems to be updated to the new IP. Incoming traffic is back to normal. I’ve migrated the database from the old host, and the files also stayed the same. All usernames/passwords (e.g. MySQL) haven’t changed either. Only the hostname and IP.

However, analytics stopped working. The only real difference is that the new installation runs on WP 4.9.8, the old one on the previous version. The wiki says it might take a day or two till analytics shows something, but it already does show the numbers prior to migration. There’s definitely some listening going on at this moment. My files are hosted at AWS and I notice access there. And yes, the setting is on “Tracking URL Parameters & Analytics”. I’ve tried running the repair modus but nothing has worked so far.

Any idea what could be the problem?

System report:

PHP Version 7.2.7-0ubuntu0.18.04.2 (new PHP version, but the old host also ran on it for a day successfully)
WordPress Version 4.9.8 (newer version)
WordPress Theme Twenty Eleven v2.5
Active Plugins (same plugins!)
- Cookie Notice v1.2.44
- Disable Comments v1.7.1
- Hello Dolly v1.6
- Page Links To v3.0.1
- Podlove Podcast Publisher v2.7.9
- Server IP & Memory Usage Display v2.1.0
- ShiftNav - Responsive Mobile Menu v1.5
- UpdraftPlus - Backup/Restore v1.14.12
- Yoast SEO v7.9
- WP Mobile Detect v2.0
- WP Statistics v12.3.6.4
- WP Tiles v1.1.2
WordPress Database Charset utf8
WordPress Database Collate
Publisher Version 2.7.9
Web Player Version player_v4 (always used v2 on the old host)
Twig Version 1.35.3
open_basedir ok
curl Version 7.58.0
iconv available
simplexml ok
max_execution_time 30
upload_max_filesize 2M
memory_limit 1950M
disable_classes
disable_functions pcntl_alarm,pcntl_fork,pcntl_waitpid,pcntl_wait,pcntl_wifexited,pcntl_wifstopped,pcntl_wifsignaled,pcntl_wifcontinued,pcntl_wexitstatus,pcntl_wtermsig,pcntl_wstopsig,pcntl_signal,pcntl_signal_get_handler,pcntl_signal_dispatch,pcntl_get_last_error,pcntl_strerror,pcntl_sigprocmask,pcntl_sigwaitinfo,pcntl_sigtimedwait,pcntl_exec,pcntl_getpriority,pcntl_setpriority,pcntl_async_signals,
permalinks ok (/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/)
podlove_permalinks ok
podcast_settings ok
web_player ok
podlove_cache on
assets

  • mp3 audio/mpeg https://XYZ/feed/mp3/
  • ogg audio/ogg no feed
  • m4a audio/mp4 no feed
    cron ALTERNATE_WP_CRON active

#2

Alright, so the analytics magically started to work again. I have since played around with my settings a bit and I’m not sure whether any of these changes have triggered the solution.

I have increased max_execution_time & upload_max_filesize in the php.ini. Additionally, I have disabled ALTERNATE_WP_CRON.

Maybe this will help anyone in the future. Thanks to the developers for this great plugin!


#3

Happy you found a solution.

If you still feel like fiddling, have a look at https://docs.podlove.org/podlove-publisher/developer/background-jobs.html It describes how to use your system cron rather than WP cron, which is more reliable. Analytics processing relies heavily on this, so the more stable setup you have the better.