Automatic episode numbering not applying correct episode number

Hello folks,

I have noticed that the automatically inserted episode number is not correct when I want to create a new episode in WordPress. I enabled the corresponding option in the plugin settings under Modules > Automatic numbering.

When I create a new episode via Episodes > Add, an episode number is inserted in the corresponding field, but it is not the number that should be there (e.g. my last episode has the number 520, but the automatically inserted number for a new episode is 701).

Can I change a setting somewhere to declare from which number the automatic episode number should continue counting? Can someone help me find out why the automatically inserted numbers are wrong in the first place?

Thanks a lot for any hint!

Greetings,

Just a hint: make sure that you don’t have an episode numbered “700” by mistake. I noticed that Podlove will look for the episode with the highest number and continue from there.

Regards.

I’ve the same problem so I’ve searched into phpMyadmin for podlove_episode and find a lot of false-entries with no content, that makes grow the progressive numbering of episodes. So, once you generate the new episode you’ll get the first available number. I’ve deleted all those entries with a lot of “NULL” entries, excepts the episodes I really have created, gettin’ the correct numbering again. Well, some days after I had the same problem again with about five empty episodes in the database I’ve never generated, but probably the system itself. Why? I don’t know. But the turnaround of manually delete the unwanted entries in podlove_episode works for me, expecially when I have to insert many episodes and the auto-numberig semplify the job.
Hope this can helps Podlove to solve the problem. :slight_smile:

I have the same automatic numbering error problem. The autogenerated episode is 11 higher than it should be. Issue seems to have started after I created Seasons and assigned published episodes to them.

I’m not comfortable editing php – would appreciate a solution like the OP suggested of a new setting that could reset automatic numbering to start-numbering-from-here.

Thank you, John