Can't Activate on Large Multisite

The plugin seems to need to scan across the entire Multisite when initially activated. On large sites this fails, resulting in PHP fatal errors in the logs. My site has almost 10000 subdomains, and I can’t get the plugin to activate on a single subdomain without this occurring.

Given that I’m attempting to only activate the plugin on a small number of subsites within the network, is it possible to circumvent this initial scan, so the plugin can get past its activation process and fully load.

Skipping the network process by making a change in lib/modules/network/network.php to check if the plugin is active network wide, rather than just checking if the plugin is active on a network, seems to fix the load issue, but I haven’t had enough experience with the plugin to know what other impact I’ve had in making this change here

to

// skip module outside multisite environments
		if ( ! function_exists( 'is_plugin_active_for_network' ) ) {
		    require_once( ABSPATH . '/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php' );
		}

if ( ! is_plugin_active_for_network( 'podlove-podcasting-plugin-for-wordpress/podlove.php' ) )
			return;

You are right, the module should only be active when the plugin is activated network-wide, not in general when the WordPress setup is a multisite. I will add your suggested code change. Thanks!

Fix in 2.7 beta