Elementor Compatibility to Episodes

I am trying to edit my episode page with Elementor but I keep on getting this to pop up:

This leads me to the link https://docs.elementor.com/article/56-content-area-not-found?utm_source=editor-panel&utm_medium=wp-dash&utm_campaign=learn and I am unsure where to go from here.

Any help would be great so I can add content to my episode pages! Thanks!

My website is https://builtanddriven.com if you need that.

Maybe Elementor does not support custom post types like episodes? Have you contacted their support as well? It may as well be the fault of your theme if I read the docs correctly.

I ran into this situation recently as well and found this traceback in my logs:

2019] GET /wp-admin/load-scripts.php?c=1&load%5B%5D=wp-embed&ver=5.0.2 => generated 1404 bytes in 1 msecs (HTTP/1.1 200) 4 headers in 166 bytes (1 switches on core 0)
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to Podlove\Modules\PodloveWebPlayer\MediaTagRenderer::__construct() must be an instance of Podlove\Model\Episode, null given, called in /var/www/dataengineering/wp-content/plugins/podlove-podcasting-plugin-for-wordpress/lib/modules/podlove_web_player/player_v4/html5printer.php on line 40 and defined in /var/www/dataengineering/wp-content/plugins/podlove-podcasting-plugin-for-wordpress/lib/modules/podlove_web_player/media_tag_renderer.php:9
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/dataengineering/wp-content/plugins/podlove-podcasting-plugin-for-wordpress/lib/modules/podlove_web_player/player_v4/html5printer.php(40): Podlove\Modules\PodloveWebPlayer\MediaTagRenderer->__construct(NULL)
#1 /var/www/dataengineering/wp-content/plugins/podlove-podcasting-plugin-for-wordpress/lib/modules/podlove_web_player/player_v4/module.php(122): Podlove\Modules\PodloveWebPlayer\PlayerV4\Html5Printer->render(NULL)
#2 /var/www/dataengineering/wp-includes/shortcodes.php(319): Podlove\Modules\PodloveWebPlayer\Pl in /var/www/dataengineering/wp-content/plugins/podlove-podcasting-plugin-for-wordpress/lib/modules/podlove_web_player/media_tag_renderer.php on line 9

After disabling the v4 player module in the podlove settings I was then able to load the elementor editor. I haven’t dug further to figure out a better fix that doesn’t require disabling the player but I figured I should at least post this information here in case it helps someone else.

I figured out the issue and have gotten it fixed. To make Elementor work properly with PodLove you just need to go to the settings page of Elementor and then click the checkbox under “Post Types” for “Episodes” and then it works without any problems.

@tmacey thanks for looking into this too. I found that checkbox in settings as well but still I get the pop-up when I try to edit the episode page… I’ll have to try changing the player type and see if I get the same results that you got.

I have gained a little more traction on this. Elementor was not working on multiple pages of mine. In CPanel I updated the content inside the main page and then it allowed Elementor to work. As for Podlove’s episodes, I did not find a file in CPanel that contained the episode “posts” so I don’t think Elementor know where to look to edit the page. Not sure if this makes any sense, but please let me know @ericteubert if it makes sense to you. If not, I can try to explain more in a different way. Or if I’m doing something wrong that is causing this, please let me know. Currently, it seems that wordpress is not recognizing the episodes as “Posts” either.

Thanks!