How to show Subtitle of an Episode?

Hello,
i’m trying to modify the standalone Podlove Webplayer V 5.x for my own purpose.

I checked out the official Documentation and the Sandbox example from here: Link to Sandbox

Based on the file fg-70.json there are a Subtitle and a Summary of the Episode (not the podcast / aka “Show”) provided for the Episode #070.

How can I show the Subtitle and/or The summary of the episode in the podcast player?

In the array visibleComponents we see the property “subtitle” but it’s not shown anywhere.
When I tested it on localhost and also in the sandbox, I noticed that changes of “visibleComponents” have no influence on the player. Only when I remove the transscripts for example, they are removed from the list.
I don’t understand the puropse of “visibleComponents” because changes there have no effect. I only found a documentation of this property for WebPlayer V4 but not V5 (the current).

I figured out that there is a way to do what I want by using Templating.
But I would prefer not to do it because 100% of the pre-defined player is perfect for me - except the missing subtitle/summary. When I use Templating I have to figure out the whole default player HTML Template and it seems to be complicated to rebuild all by my own after a few hours trial and error. So i would like to implement the modification without templating if it’s possible.

I hope you can help me out. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

You might want to have a look at this template: https://github.com/podlove/podlove-web-player-wp-plugin/blob/develop/src/plugin/defaults/templates/classic.html

1 Like

Thank you very much @zusatzstoff
It worked perfectly and you saved me a lot of time. :slight_smile:

One last question about: fr-70.json

The Property visibleComponents has no influence on the behaviour of the player. So can I delete this part in my json file without any side-effects?

I noticed that it all depends on the Template HTML which features should be visible.

Yes thats absolutely correct. visibleComponents are relicts from Web Player 4 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help! :slight_smile:

1 Like