oEmbed Consumer queries produce Provider errors!

Aloha!

I have been digging deep into the Podlove oEmbed implementation because expected results are not happening.

You can read my initial post on the topic here: Embedded PodLove player in Mastodon and other platforms - #5 by MOKANA

The POST-TYPE for Podlove in Wordpress is “podcasts”. When I submit a oEmbed request for Pages or regular posts (which have the POST-TYPE of “post”, I get an expected response in JSON or XML.

Example oEmbed request from the Provider:

Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 11.04.58 AM

RETURNS WITH THIS EXPECTED RESPONSE:

Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 11.07.09 AM

The links for “POSTS” are properly encoded:

Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 11.11.56 AM

If any of the Wordpress generated oembed links for POST-TYPE of “podcast” (meaning any Podlove Episode) is submitted by the Consumer to the Provider expecting a properly formatted xml/json RESPONSE:

Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 7.10.37 PM

. . . an error occurs:

Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 11.16.11 AM

It is like oEmbed is not turned on or completely is unaware of POST-TYPE “podcast” and is never resolved and the error is returned.

Podlove generated oEmbed links are not encoded and pass a parameter whilst making a direct call back to the original Episode (not making a call back to a oembed PROVIDER ???) ; which does not trap the passed parameter and simply returns the rendered html page of the Episode and not the expected XML or JSON object:

Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 11.18.43 AM

With two sets of oEmbed links inserted into the “head”, I am thinking that in part, the recipient of the intended embed is getting confused (which oembed Provider link should the consumer call, the Wordpress link (will generate an error) or the Podlove link (will return the rendered html page)), finding the first oembed link tag it finds.

I am still having problems getting MASTODON to properly parse a post and display the Featured Image, where as if I do this in Facebook it works fine.

I have inserted Open Graph and Twitter Card and also turned off all auto generated inserts and manually inserted into the “head” and still have issues with Mastodon but not Facebook… but the salient point of this Post is the oEmbed not working as expected.

Even the Podcast site referenced in the initial post is unstable . . . some times it just posts the link, other times the featured image, but never the Podlove Player . . .

There are two distinct sources of frustration, Mastodon and Podlove . . . so I am chasing two dragons . . .

Any help would be much appreciated!