Podlove episodes have no wordpress-category

Hello guys,

first of all - thank you VERY much for this great plugin and tool. I’m enjoying so much using it.
Now my question:

On my landing page on wordpress all articles are organzied by categories. (could just organize them via categories, not tags)
So I have a categroy “new” or “familiy” or “most read” and so on.
Now my problem: Because an eposide from podlove has no categories (only tags), the new episode is not shown on my frontpage. I can’t bring it on my front page an that drives me crazy. :slight_smile:smile:

Any proposals?

Thanks alot,

Benjamin

You could activate the use of categories in the settings (modules).

1 Like

OMG. You made my day! Thank you very much!

Hm. Avada seems to show only “blog posts” on the front page. Even if I categorize the “episode” it doesn’t apear there. I have to rethink it.
Or could I give an “episode” the characteristic of a “blog post”?

Episodes have their own post-type „episode“. That‘s on purpose. I can‘t tell you why though.
I‘m not good at programming WordPress. I have to pass that one on to somebody more capable.

Other plugins must enable support for other post types

1 Like

Hi Benjamin,

You seem to be the only Avada theme user who commented here in the community, therefore please allow me a question:

Apart from the issue “blog post vs. episode” you are describing here: Did you actually manage to create a Podcast and publish it?

I am asking this because I am using Avada and the Podlove plugin, and it is possible to create the episodes and a RSS feed. However, the episodes are not included into the RSS feed which makes it impossible to publish the podcast somewhere.

Did you face similar issues, and if so: Did you find a way to resolve them?

It would be great to hear back from you since this issue is driving me crazy.

Thanks & best regards!