Release 2.1.0

Networks: WordPress Multisite Support is Here

• dedicated WordPress Multisite support
  • “My Sites” menu features podcast covers and menus include often used pages like “Podlove Dashboard” and episodes
  • Network Dashboard provides a birds-eye view over your podcast empire
  • Network-Templates that are accessible in every podcast
  • Podcast lists: give templates access to multiple podcasts at once, allowing you to automatically list all podcasts in your network, the 10 last episode releases in your network and much more

Widgets

We added a happy bunch of widgets to make your life easy.

• Podcast Information: Display cover, subtitle and summary of your podcast
  • Recent Episodes: Display a list of recent episodes, with cover art and duration if you like
  • Template: Display any Publisher template in a widget area
  • Podcast License

The Subscribe Button Widget now defaults to “Big with Logo” and auto-width. It has also been renamed to “Podcast Subscribe Button” to be distinguishable from the new standalone plugin.

Templates

• add accessors {{ podcast.landingPageUrl }}, {{ podcast.subscribe_button }} (see http://docs.podlove.org/reference/template-tags/#podcast)

• add accessor {{ flattr.button }} (see http://docs.podlove.org/reference/template-tags/#flattr)

• add accessor {{ episode.podcast }}

• add query parameters to ``{{ contributor.episodes }}`:

• group: Filter by contribution group. Default: ‘’.
    • role: Filter by contribution role. Default: ‘’.
    • post_status: Publication status of the post. Defaults to ‘publish’
    • order: Designates the ascending or descending order of the ‘orderby’ parameter. Defaults to ‘DESC’.
      • ‘ASC’ - ascending order from lowest to highest values (1, 2, 3; a, b, c).
      • ‘DESC’ - descending order from highest to lowest values (3, 2, 1; c, b, a).
    • orderby: Sort retrieved episodes by parameter. Defaults to ‘publicationDate’.
      • ‘publicationDate’ - Order by publication date.
      • ‘recordingDate’ - Order by recording date.
      • ‘title’ - Order by title.
      • ‘slug’ - Order by episode slug.
      • ‘limit’ - Limit the number of returned episodes.

Other

• add gender contribution statistics to dashboard
  • add expert setting “Allow to skip feed redirects”
  • add warning in tracking settings when default permalink structure is used
  • add support for Auphonic cover art
  • add support for Jetpack “Publicize” module to podcast post type
  • add warning when open_basedir is set to system report
  • add daily cleanup of logging table (only keep entries of previous 4 weeks)
  • contributor editing has a tabbed interface
  • improved Podlove Dashboard performance
  • Open Graph title does not include episode subtitle any more. If a subtitle is available, it is put in front of the summary in the description tag.
  • fix: remove Jetpack “Site Icon” from podcast feeds
  • fix: empty template editor when last template is deleted
  • fix: empty caches when a scheduled episode gets published
  • fix analytics episode average calculation for ancient episodes

API changes

• Flattr parameter in [podlove-episode-contributor-list] now defaults to “no”. If you need to reactivate it, use [podlove-episode-contributor-list flattr="yes"]
  • [podlove-web-player] was renamed to [podlove-episode-web-player] to avoid clashes with the standalone web player plugin. For now, the old shortcode still works.
  • [podlove-subscribe-button] was renamed to [podlove-podcast-subscribe-button] to avoid clashes with the standalone button plugin. For now, the old shortcode still works.
2 Likes

Thanks for the new release - I have a problem with the Network Dashboard and
Network-Templates when I try to open it I got

Du hast nicht die erforderlichen Rechte, um auf diese Seite zuzugreifen.

I’m logged in as SuperAdmin …

Any suggestions?

Michael

Did you do a network-wide activation? Try disabling the the plugin in all blogs and then re-enable it in the network plugin page.

Eric, is there any way to remove the date from the “Recent Episodes” widget display?

There is currently no way to customize the widget display.

If there was some way to give that date field a unique class I could remove it with CSS. Is it possible to add a class to that field?