Release 2.4.1

• services: Playstation Network Account now links to http://psnprofiles.com
  • allow spaces in episode slugs
  • add help tab to analytics pages
  • fix Podlove Web Player 2 timecode share link
  • fix issue with image cache filenames (PR 895)
  • fix WP-Rocket incompatibility with Podigee Player
  • fix Auphonic: when neither episode image nor post thumbnail are present, fallback to podcast cover art
  • fix PHP warnings in oembed module
6 Likes

Thanks!

I still hope for “Unit” and “Zoom” on the analytics overview page :smiley:

The update did not work at all. I was upgrading from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1 and nothing worked anymore. After various reinstalls of the plugin I rolled back to 2.4.0 which worked. After the update my episode edit form looked like this, basically without most of the podcast relevant forms. The website itself was just empty but no PHP errors in the log.

Looks like script execution stops in the contributors module — which should throw a PHP error. Are you sure error logging is on? (Debugging in WordPress – Advanced Administration Handbook | Developer.WordPress.org)

What’s curious is that I haven’t touched the contributors module at all in this release :thinking:

git diff --stat 2.4.0…2.4.1
composer.lock | 141 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++±---------------------------------------------------------
includes/wp_rocket.php | 17 +++++++++++++++
lib/ajax/file_controller.php | 2 ±
lib/has_page_documentation_trait.php | 7 ++++++
lib/helper.php | 13 ++++++++++++
lib/model/image.php | 53 ++++++++++++++++++++++±----------------------
lib/model/media_file.php | 2 ±
lib/modules/auphonic/admin.js | 3 +±
lib/modules/oembed/oembed.php | 37 ++++++++++++++++++±------------
lib/modules/podlove_web_player/player_v2/player | 2 ±
lib/modules/social/data/services.yml | 2 ±
lib/settings/help/analytics.php | 51 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++±
lib/version.php | 25 ++++++++++++++++++++±
plugin.php | 1 +
podlove.php | 2 ±
readme.txt | 15 ++++++++++±-
16 files changed, 254 insertions(+), 119 deletions(-)

Not sure, no. But after rolling back to 2.4.0 the contributor settings were reset. So it might be the correct theory. The template settings, whether or not to show the player on top or bottom by default, were also reset.

I did the update from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1. Now there are 50 downloads less on my current episode. Was there a change here?

Yes, we regularly update User Agent detection. Everytime we add a bot that has accessed your site, your numbers will go down.