[Tutorial] Podlove Web Player 5 Wordpress Plugin Core Concepts

Moved to the official docs:

Podlove Web Player Core Concepts

2 Likes

How can someone add font sources and customize the places in which different fonts appear?

1 Like

How do you get rid of the standard elements on the bottom of the player? For instance, how do you remove the ā€œdownloadā€ button from the player? Or the ā€œinfoā€ bunnon? I canā€™t find the specifics on this in the documentation.

Thatā€™s not part of the web player, these are separate elements. You can remove them under Podlove > Templates.

Thank you, Eric. Forgive my ignorance, but is there a code example for the template that has the download and share buttons removed? I a bit of a newb here. Sorry.

Sure, this is a simple one:

{% if not is_feed() %}

{{ episode.player }}

{% endif %}

Thanks, Eric. I finally figured out how to do what I needed using a combination of the Podlove Publisher templates and the Podlove Player templates using Player 5. Seriously awkward. Hereā€™s the Publisher template:

{% if not is_feed() %}

{# display web player for episode #}
{{ episode.player({ config: "default", theme: "dark", template: "default" }) }}

{% endif %}

To remove the download button and other elements I didnā€™t want, I had to modify the Player template HTML separately.

Also, I had to guess that there was a ā€œdarkā€ theme for the player. Fortunately there was one. It would be nice to have a list of the available templates for the player. I havenā€™t been able to find such a list.

If anyone else has issues with this, hit me up. I might be able to guide you through it.

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. Weā€™re aware that player integration is not as simple as it should be but weā€™re working on it and appreciate comments like yours :slight_smile:

Awesome. Thanks Eric. The apps are great, though. Maybe Iā€™ll write a simple users guide.

Any chance of getting a list of available themes for the player?

Keep in mind that Podlove Publisher and Web Player are related but arenā€™t required to use the one or the other. So every integration needs to be reflected in the plugin feature set. To address issues users reported Iā€™ve started to enhance the Web Player plugin with a default appearance and a blueprint ability in v5.1.0.

Since the Web Player is all about customisation we only provide blueprints that you can further customise. Starting with version 5.1.0 you get beside default theme 2 additional themes that match with Wordpress TwentyTwenty and Wordpress TwentyNineteen. Iā€™ve also added a new ā€˜classicā€™ template beside default, compact and sidebar that will provide a Web Player 4 alike player header section.

I would highly appreciate contributions to onboard users, please see if you can identify missing information in this articles:

I recently upgraded to the version 5 of the web player.
First thing I missed: the (i) info tab/icon is missing. It was the first icon in version 4.
How can I get it back? :flushed:
Thanks a lot! :pray:

In the default template the info icon is not present. If you want to have it back you could simply add a new template in the player configurator and use the ā€œclassicā€ option as your boilerplate :slight_smile: Also make sure to select the newly created template as the default.

2 Likes

Thx! Worked like a charm! :+1:

1 Like

If someone could explain what the font section and its different fields do, Iā€™d appreciate it.