Which sources are counted in Analytics? I want to have an over all result

Hello,

I could not find an explanation to these questions:

• Are all podcast downloads and plays that are catched from my feed counted automatically in Podlove Analytics?
  • If a source like Spotify downloads the episodes and hosts them on their servers - it’s not counted?
  • Do you know if iTunes and Google Podcasts host on their own servers?
  • If yes, is there a time saving option to count automatically? At the moment I visit all my podcast platforms and count manually.

Thank you!

Yes, every download is counted – it does not matter if it came via feed or web player. Tracking cannot distinguish between downloads and plays.

If a 3rd party directory rehosts the audio file, the Publisher has no technical way of tracking downloads.

Apple/iTunes provides the original file URLs to listeners. I haven’t checked on Google Podcasts.

No. In theory, if 3rd party directories provide an API, we could collect all analytics in one place. But if they don’t, then no.

Be aware that you cannot add up all numbers from all platforms. For example, as Apple Podcast does not rehost their files, download numbers are counted by both Apple and Podlove Publisher.

Thank you! :blush: