Episode coverart does not get updated after change

I created a new episode. Auphonic finished processing. I imported Auphonic metadata. Completed every setting for the episode.

The I realised I forgot to set the episode specific coverart in Auphonic. So I did this an ran the Auphonic process again. The coverart is now correctly in the file and on the server where it belongs to.

However the Podlove Publisher does not use the coverart in the PWP: https://podcast.funkenstrahlen.de/2015/06/30/fs068-zkm-globale/

The coverart setup works in general because for the last 3 episodes it gets displayed as expected. However in the last episodes I did not change it later, because I did not forget to set it in the first place.

Does the PPP cache the cover art in wordpress? How can I force it to update and use the new coverart? I tried ‘import metadata from auphonic production’ and ‘update media files’ in the publisher however this did not help.

Have you looked at this similar topic? Maybe we are stumbling across the same software behaviour :wink:

Yes. Try the repair-button in Podlove > Support.

Worked. Thank you. However I think this is not a very intuitive behavior of the PPP…

I’m not sure what exactly you were doing. You said

The I realised I forgot to set the episode specific coverart in Auphonic. So I did this an ran the Auphonic process again. The coverart is now correctly in the file and on the server where it belongs to.

… which, if this is not missing any step, you never “saved” or “updated” the episode in the Publisher (which would refresh the cache). The Publisher can’t possibly know that you restarted the processing or that the episode image has changed, since it’s stored remotely. The Publisher does check for changes occasionally but not often, since hat would lead to bad performance and the assets, once published, rarely change.